OAK is a Python library for executing common ontology operations over a variety of backends.
It provides a collection of interfaces for various ontology operations, including:
- look up basic features of an ontology element, such as its label, definition, relationships, or aliases
- search an ontology for a term
- validate an ontology
- modify or delete terms
- generate and visualize subgraphs
- identify lexical matches and export as SSSOM mapping tables
- perform more advanced operations, such as graph traversal, OWL axiom processing, or text annotation
For examples and more information, please refer to the OAK documentation.